Lead UI/UX Developer
- Help guide technology decisions and methodologies as they relate to website performance, SEO, cross-browser compatibility, and Responsive Design.
- Manage four different e-commerce websites creating new features such as Mix and Match shopping, Kits, Shipping Calendars and working closely with creators of the e-commerce platform to solve mutually beneficial issues. Using a .NET based e-commerce platform called Kalio Commerce and its proprietary html markup for communicating with the API to utilize backend Class methods and properties.
- Create templates for Project Lifecycle in Basecamp from Kick-Off Meeting, Requirements Gathering, Business Logic, Mockups, Flowcharts, Development, Design Iterations to Testing, Deployment and Maintenance.
- Document all processes with their technical dependencies and procedural steps.
- Manage a Junior UI/UX Developer providing guidance and direction when needed
- Engage with other Directors and stake holders to clarify goals and directions for projects involving multiple departments.
12/2014-11/2016 Louisville, KY
- 'Social Wall'
- Gathered Requirements, Created Wireframes and Flowcharts
- Designed Database Schema and code framework
- Created Full Stack digital signage engagement piece for customers to post and crop images and text messages to a wall of animations after signing in with Facebook, Twitter , or Google Plus.
- Polled the database for the latest real time posts with webworkers , then queried and displayed the animated version immediately.
- Created animations using a factory design pattern, that could later easily be modified to meet designers changing expectations.
- Interacted with various APIs to allow customers to insert dynamic content into their digital signage shows such as Twitter, Facebook, API News and others.
- Created, Deployed and Maintained kiosk apps using KioskPro and KioWare.
- Created a way for customers to apply multi-step animations to their digital signage content with a very simple interface using jquery and velocityJS and embedding animation parameters in the HTML.
- Created a variety of 'text character animation' styles with GreensockJS that could be used by designers in custom digital signage pieces.
- Helped configure IIS server settings when necessary, facilitated any issues related to PHP version changes on the servers.
4/2014 - 12/2014 Louisville, KY
- Create new Features and Maintain legacy proprietary ERP written in PHP
- Extensive use of SQL to create data reports for management.
- Worked with the PHP Zend Framework on new customer related features.
12/2009-4/2014 Louisville, KY
- Used PHP and jQuery to create reusable UI components working directly with Graphic Designers and backend developers.
- Helped create SAAS web apps using a proprietary MVC PHP framework
- Configured and managed an e-commerce site using Open Cart.
- Promoted agile development and mobile device development
- Developed Mobile apps for iOS and Android devices such as Surveys with multiple branches, Damage Inspection Reports with Backend Web Admin portal.
- Deployed and Managed Mobile devices using MaaS 360.
- Assisted with the hiring of new developers.
2008-2009 Indianapolis, IN
- Maintained and upgraded proprietary ERP software written in Visual FoxPro.
- Gathered requirements from Admins and Engineers to create a RFQ feature that allowed for estimation of various aspects of a project , coordinated between multiple departments with triggers for passing of tasks and a progress dashboard for the managers. And built a feature for exporting reports into Excel spreadsheets.
- Used chart library to display reports
- Document all new proceddures according to ISO standards.